CHSEPTA Membership form & news
As we prepare for the 2016-17 school year, Cherry Hill Special Education PTA is preparing for another successful year.
We are also looking for 100% membership from our wonderful principals.
We serve as an advisory counsel to the school district under the NJEA requirements and is a district-wide PTA for all parents, caregivers, district employees and community members. We offer support, education, advocacy and socialization for the special learning need community in Cherry Hill. With this in mind, we are looking for CHSEPTA members from each school to serve as liaisons to share information between CHSEPTA and their school to open up more positive conversations. If you have someone in mind, please notify us.
Our accomplishments in 2015-2016:
1. We had 5 meetings hosted by Cherry Hill schools.
2. Coordinated the implementation of Adaptive swings donated by Lowes Hero Project and Wegmans that are located at Thomas Paine, Cooper and Kingston schools.
3. 125 members of CHSEPTA.
4. Distributed Sesame Street Book to all Preschool and elementary schools.
5. Sent Thank you treats to all schools for the holidays.
6. Reached out to out-of-district placements.
7. Attended all but 3 Back to School nights to be there for all parents.
8. Supported the teacher contract and fair funding
9. New logo and social media sites.
Projects already begun for 2016-2017 school year:
1. Scheduling meetings for the new year at our schools, including a special learning family night at Thomas Paine.
2. Coordinating Lowe's Hero Project to donate 2 adaptive swings to Horace Mann School, 1 adaptive swing to Barclay Early Childhood, paint for Cooper School and Kingston School swing sets.
3. Continue to advocate for the Cherry Hill special learning students and the community who support them.
Please download the CHSEPTA Form HERE.
Please feel free to contact us if you need assistance.
Thank you for your continued support. Best wishes for a wonderful new school year.